Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011

Blankies.
Yep.
Torn, ragged, lost all color, patched, wonderful perfect just right for you blankies.
Baby blankies, specifically.
I am nearly 28 years old & every night, I admittedly lay down, roll over & smush my face in my nearly 28 year old baby blankies.
They even have a name.
I will not share the name. Go away.
Anyway, mine have a long history.
I hoped Andy would have one. I hunted down an identical & tried to force it on him at times or 2 when he was a baby, he wasn't having it.
Ryan, when he was about 6 months old got a pack of muslin swaddling blankies & has been hooked ever since.
He, at age 3 & a half totes his "key key" around, uses it for dress up & of course has to have it at night.
He has alternates & a few thicker warmth versions he isn't a fan of & recently began protesting "no a SOFT key key!!!" when all the regular keykeys were still wet in the dryer.
I used a blow dryer to get one dry enough he could have it.
I speak blankie.
I have felt his pain & have my own life mission to make him have the best key key experience a child could ask for.
So, today I am thankful for baby blankies.
It's fun to be a mom.

Bookmark and Share



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.