Monday, September 12, 2011

This little piggie went to Market

Since we have moved we have a delightful Market to shop at. I could rave about it for hours. 3 lbs of fresh green beans for $2, $8 for 30+ peaches, fresh meats for well below grocery store shopping straight from the farm. Oh, it is delightfulness in a yummy smelling bunch!

After I bought 8 lbs of peaches I decided to try a peach crisp. I mangled together my own recipe & since no one else ate I am admit, I ate it ALL myself. No shame here!

This week I bought a basket of pears for $2 and while bulk fresh buying is great, because the produce lacks preservatives & waxy sprays things DO go bad quicker.

I was tipped off to Giadas poached pears tonight & am fairly sure I will be making this in the next day or so for either desert,breakfast, or quite frankly, my own gluttonous delight.

What is your favorite baked fruit desert, or baked item???


Bookmark and Share



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! Our Farmers Market kinda sucks. I get better deals in the grocery store and that's so sad considering we're not far from Amish country.

    As soon as I notice my fruit is getting soft I chop it up and freeze it for baking and smoothies...smoothies are pretty much the only way I can get the girls to eat any fruit but apples and bananas (well, and Ava likes strawberries, but Charlotte will only have them in smoothies).

    I can't think of a favorite baked item... toss up at the moment between banana and pumpkin bread/muffins.

    -DanielleCorrelle...who Google hates and won't let post comments logged in lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it all sounds delicious. I think baked pears are scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.