Sunday, June 26, 2011

I can taste smells.

No really. And I'm not crazy either ( though for some that subject can be debatable)
I can actually taste smells & vice versa!
I will attempt to blame this on my sister who when I was little played the "Ok, close your mouth & guess what this is by taste" game & gave me dish soap bubbles ( which taste different from hand soap bubbles, mind you) and launched a life long odd pica-ish craving for dish soap. I've yet to indulge in these cravings, though during   my anemic pregnancy with Andy I came damn close.
My whole life I've had odd occurances, like, I know I am getting sick because I get the taste of those tongue depressors from the doctors office in my mouth.
In high school to curb my Whopper cravings I could just drive by Burger King & huff the air outside of my window & be satisfied.
I often comment to Mike that something I taste smells like ___ or in reverse, than I smell comething that tastes like __.
He gives me a squinty eyed look & just believes me.... now.

Synesthesia-
Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia, plural synesthesiae or synaesthesiae), from the ancient Greek σύν (syn), "together," and αἴσθησις (aisthēsis), "sensation," is a neurologically-based condition in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[1][2][3][4] People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.

I just lit a oil burner with Bath & Body Works with Kitchen Spice. I usually really like this scent, but for some reason today it is giving me this odd taste in my mouth & a head feeling of vanilla.

Like I said..NOT CRAZY. Seriously. I can taste it, but it.. it doesn't taste good. It tastes kind of icky, in fact. I'd blow it out but the whole house already smells like it so it's rather a moot point.

Moot,what a word..I imagine moot would taste like...poot.Agree??

So I'm just curious, can any of you taste smells? Taste colors? Numbers?
Any synesthetes out there who can attest to my malfunction of senses here?

Anyone? Anyone?

Now, excuse me while I go huff laundry detergent & lick soap now.

Kidding.

I hope. 
Bookmark and Share

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. That is strange and probably annoying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds both annoying, and like a suburbian superpower! (: Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree!!!I can taste smells too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same. Just a wif, of chemicals, purfume or anything with a strong smell. The worst for me is the smell of cooking cabbage or CK1 purfume. I can taste it for days after. I almost want to pass out and hurl from some of the over whelming smells I can taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic
    but I was wondering which blog platform are
    you using for this website? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems
    with hackers and I'm looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    Also visit my web-site: http://applestemcell.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are various online auction sites that you just can check out every now and then if you wanted to have the best prices on your uggs.
    5L models in the "Iridescence" allowance box, despite well-designed counterfeit bright Jiuzun base, so that
    this cut apparent just appropriate bright reflects "Iridescence" the cradle of every neon, for
    that account of Hennessy cheap ugg boots Salon goes towards the a lots of
    admirable style. So you will get that shoes, clothes, even bags for kids
    has be exquisite than before.

    My web blog プラダ 財布

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just because name implies, these uggs are from Australia,
    which can be crafted from twin-tier merino wool. Buy cheap UGG boots visit:
    When looking at purchasing for the reason that, world-wide-web retailers offer them
    with lower prices than others from local sellers.
    In addition, once you seem on the labels to the manufacturing site,
    you really should bear in mind that this labels which exhibit "Manufactured in China" are
    authentic, and several others are counterfeits.


    My web blog; プラダ バッグ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Due to be able to styles and colors of UGG boots
    and UGG shoes, you are able to match your mood plus your clothes.
    There are a number of types for babies, but the very top in the favorites list include:
    . So you can find that shoes, clothes, even bags for youngsters has
    become more exquisite than before.

    My web page: プラダ 財布

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is really a lot surprise this specific simply just released
    sorts are listed below: uggs estimates shoes and boots mayfair " booties " girls java Highkoo Microsof corporation 5450
    fight-style exceptional. ì (IE: sand, chestnut, chocolate, black) UGG boots.
    As an effect of peculiarity on the physical appearance of boots, a good deal of
    people will not want to utilize them beforehand of.

    Also visit my blog ... louis vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just as the name implies, these ugg boot are from Australia, that happen to be crafted from twin-tier
    merino wool. These types of Ugg Boots Clearance could be found in 2 colors from the store at fine sand too as saying.
    Nevertheless, with super delicate ease and convenience,
    increased desire, and winter months season approaching, you'll be able to still discover some good provides.

    Also visit my blog: www.tbsaifu.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a lot surprise this kind of simply just released sorts are listed below: uggs estimates boots
    and shoes mayfair footwear girls java Highkoo Microsof corporation 5450 fight-style exceptional.
    There are many types for babies, however the very top from
    the favorites list include:. And reproductions could possibly appearance just as terrific.


    Look at my web blog ... コーチ 財布

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you disregarded the Ugg guidelines and wore your
    boots in water, or else you dropped liquid on your own boot, you could have stains along your boots.
    People of each and every class and level can easily get these because their costs
    are of every range. The unique qualities in the sheepskin mean they
    will maintain feet warm in the coldest of weather, but that when you use
    them in summer they is not going to overheat your foot.


    Feel free to surf to my web site: louis vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just because the name implies, these uggs are from Australia, that happen to
    be crafted from twin-tier merino wool. There are a number of types for
    babies, nevertheless the very top from the favorites list include:
    . And reproductions may well appearance just like terrific.


    Feel free to surf to my web-site: http://mlmundergroundclassifieds.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many celebrities have been fascinated using the retro looks of due to the fact, for instance,
    Oprah, Paris Hilton, Pamela Anderson and Kate Hudson etc.
    ì (IE: sand, chestnut, chocolate, black) UGG boots.
    Nevertheless, with super delicate ease and convenience, increased desire, and winter months season approaching, you are able to still discover some great provides.


    Stop by my web site - http://hollar.se/index.php?do=/core/redirect/url_eNortjI2t1LKKCkpsNLXLy8v10tKTE8vLSgtSkxJLM7IzCtOzQSSesn5ufpK1lwwaaoQDQ

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you disregarded the Ugg guidelines and wore your boots in water, or else you dropped liquid on your boot,
    you may have stains along your boots. If you've no idea about whether a pair of boots you want are real or not, it really is advisable not to buy them. So you will get that shoes, clothes, even bags for kids has be exquisite than before.

    Here is my website: prada

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.