Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You are stupid. And it makes me want to punch you in the junk.

If you're reading my blog, chances are you're just as "Internet-y" as I am, which means you likely have a Twitter account ( or have thought of setting one up, don't lie!) a Facebook account, and maybe your own blog.
Whatever you have, or don't have, social networking wise, doesn't really even matter, because your here, on the Internet, and that my friend, makes you susceptible to stupid people.

Yes, stupid people, and the Internet in which they all (myself included!) have a voice. If you have a Facebook, you likely saw the group going around. I won't even bother googling it, so my phrasing might be slightly off, sorry.

"Dear God, this year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson & my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett. God? My favorite president is Obama. I'm just saying."

Do I get the humor? Yeah.
Is it wasted on me? No.
Someone got a funny line in their head & ran with it. I think of hilarious & slightly inappropriate comments all the time. For example, after I wrote about tanning & that it isn't just a myth they use to keep people from tanning, I got hit with the perfect phrase 
"Tanning causing Cancer isnt just a myth they use to keep the white man down."
Ha ha.. since typically your pale (white) if your going tanning..get it?

My problem is, it's really fucking rude, and classless. Do I love Obama? I think he's oke-doke.
I think he's better than Bush.
I voted for him.
My kids even have Obama shirts, we call them "Obama bellies" and tickle the boys on Obamas face when they wear then while Mike does this hilarious mock voice of Obama saying "I want a shirt with Andy on it, so I can have an ANDY belly!!!" 
However, I'm not an Obama freak, I'm not "OMG he's the best thing since sliced bread!!!" 
I think he's our president & I think he's got better ideas & outlooks that relate more to my own, than past presidents.

I get that people don't like him, but I personally, just found that Facebook page classless. I can over look the offensiveness & the difference of opinion, but I get stuck on the fact that this is actually how many people FEEL.
I mean.. REALLY?? Who is YOUR great President that you are holding in such high regard that you want YOUR current president DEAD??

I'm genuinely just curious. I mean, WE voted for him, if you hate him so much, I sure hope your whiney ass was out 12 hours a day working polls, spreading information & doing something to hopefully no tget him elected, not just MAYBE voting, and then spouting off at your pie hole about how awful things are, when you did NOTHING to make a difference.

"What can one person do?" I dunno, a lot more than ZERO persons can do, I'd assume!!

I was born & raised in Kent, Ohio.Today is the 40th anniversary of the Kent State Shootings.
While I do realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion, here is mine & if you don't like it, I not only suggest, but I encourage you to use the little contact button or leave a comment & gracefully discuss with me why you disagree.

I've seen a total of about 5 posts, or thoughts on peoples Facebooks today, about the shooting. From people keeping the memory alive, to sharing articles, to saying these kids got what was coming to them & deserved to be shot.

Really??

Yet again, my feelings aren't altered by the difference of opinion, because God knows I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone thought like me, that would be a REALLY scary twisted place, it's just the lack of respect!

I have yet to write my next installment of how I Met my Husband, because that part of our life was painful & awful, quite frankly, and much of it had to do with a person who is no longer alive. I have no problem expressing my dislike for those who are alive & able to defend themselves, or discuss why they disagree with my opinion, but speaking ill of the dead is just rude!
I mean, Hitler is dead & he was a fucking douche bag. I'm cool with saying that, but to speak SO harshly of people who are dead, who you may or may not know with no intent other than to bash them, to dislike them or to drag them through the mud purely shows a lack of class, to me!
It's one thing to talk about a cracked out celebrity, and comment on their stupidity as they're slapped all over the tabloids, that's gossip, people do it, it will never change, but when people just randomly feel the need to express such distaste for people, with no facts, or thoughts other than the agenda to be rude & hateful, I just don't get it.

Is it that people who feel the need to bash & slander others so visciously have low confidence?
That's what many say.
Is it that they're angry people in their hearts & it's all they know? Maybe.
Or is it just the fact that people are fucking rude?
That's my guess.

Bookmark and Share

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. WELL SAID. I have seen that going around Facebook and every time, I ask myself, "Is this person really wishing death upon our president?" Seriously, how awful is that? I like Obama, but I am fine with differing opinions. I understand we all think differently, and I think that is a good thing. It's the way people sometimes express those opinions that gets to me, and the sheer stupidity of some of the things that are said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think wishing death on ANYONE is wrong. I think we are all lucky to live in the US. & yes I think people just ARE fucking rude. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Claire. I saw that saying going around facebook too and it really rubbed me the wrong way. I voted for Obama but I'm not a huge fan anymore. However, he is the president and deserving of a certain level of respect because of that. While I can concede that some might find it funny, I just found it disrespectful.

    As for the next chapter in your "How I Met My Husband" story, can you maybe assign a different name to the person that died and maybe change a few identifying details? Maybe then you can tell the story without seeming to attack someone who can't defend themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said Claire! The really messed up thing about these people that are writing this is over half of them more and likely never even vote in elections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sad thing is over half of the people doing this more than likely never vote on election days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're = you are.

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're = you are.
    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not even going to lie...I belong to that fan group. I thought it was hilarious, and fanned right up. LOL I don't really care if anyone else wishes him dead. I had to sit and listen to 8 years of classless Bush jokes and bashes, so Obama is just going to have to suck it like Bush had to suck it. I don't personally wish him dead myself...that wastes too much energy on him that I don't think he's worthy of. But I'm not getting my junk in a twist over it....stupid people are everywhere, and I've had to accept it and move on. (Part of my job description, you see....LOL) I spend my angry energy on groups like the WBC...THOSE are the people I would gladly see dead!! But Obama? He got himself into this situation, and he's going to have to put up with the repercussions until he's not in the situation anymore. He's a big boy. He can take it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen that group and I think it's stupid. It makes me roll my eyes every time I see it. I don't think it's that clever. It's like one of those things someone comes up with that they think is all witty so they say it, it gets a few chuckles, and then they beat it into the ground. They say it at parties, and then get a big stupid grin on their face looking around at the folks they just told it to like, "Eh?? Eh?? GET IT?" and everybody's like

    *crickets chirp*

    Yeah. Dumb.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.