Thursday, April 29, 2010

Not in MY garden!

This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Deer Off. All opinions are 100% mine.

While I do live in a "city" we live on the outskirts, in what I thought of, while growing up as sort of the re..er..country part of town. I personally, love it!
I love nature & I HATE neighbors. I'd much rather live out in a neck of the woods that is literally that, woods!


We get deer regularly, well, not exactly my yard, anymore, but the lots behind out back yard stretch far into the woods & spotting 2 or 3 deer longing about isn't uncommon.
Now that we plant our own herbs, vegetables & fruits, deer repelling plants are something I do look for. Obviously, if I was buying only deer repellant products, my garden would have alot of rosemary, and not much else. I've had our lettuce & other sprout-lings demolished by animals with in 24 hours of planting. Not cool!

I know the troubles I go through in my own back yard, to protect our plants from deer & other animals, but could you image having to do that to your entire large crop??  With a battery powered sprayer, this awesome deer repellant basically does the work for you, just stick it in the ground & turn on. Move as needed & re apply.

 Deer Off has created this amazing battery powered sprayer to use for your own deer repellent




Deer Off® II Battery-Powered Sprayer's 64 oz. ready-to-use, weather resistant deer repellent formula is designed for large lawns and can treat up to 100 ornamental shrubs four feet tall or approximately 1000 square feet of plantings. Designed with you in mind. The battery-powered sprayer does the work, so give your hands a break and make your large projects easier.
The product's design is perfect for carrying around the yard when applying. The battery-powered sprayer makes application a breeze! Plus, it eliminates the hand fatigue that often occurs with typical sprayers. When applied as directed, this animal repellent lasts up to 90 days. More frequent application may be necessary where animal pressure is heavy.

Insect & animal repellents are often (or should be!) of farmers concerns, be it big commercial farming, or like me, in my back yard.If your eating (or someone will be eating) your plants, no one wants to eat pesticide.

And guess what? It's made from natural and food based ingredients.  OMRI listed® and compliant for use in organic gardening, this product is also EPA registered for direct use on plants, bulbs, flowers and trees.

Here is how they do it;
Deer Off has a patented Dual Deterrent System formula that provides both scent and taste barriers to repel deer, rabbits, and squirrels.  The formula contains putrescent eggs solids (4.63%), garlic (.001%) and capsaicin (.001%). The putrescent egg and garlic scent, coupled with a hot pepper taste will dissuade deer, rabbit, and squirrels from eating your plants.  If the critter gets past the odor, it'll be repelled by the taste.

I personally find that awesome. It's kind of like the story of people putting hot sauce on finger  nails, so kids don't nibble ( which by the way, people don;t really do this, do they? What if your kid rubs their eyes????)  It's not going to harm the animal, it will simply deter them from gobbling up your garden goods. Which I do support hunting for population control & sport that will be used ( aka eating the animal, etc. Not just killing to kill) I don;t like the thought of any repellents that cause damages or death.. well, except for bugs, I'm good with killing those little effers!!

We have to check the boys for ticks when we come inside, especially in the Fall with all the leaves being played in raked. Many deer = ticks, which we all know causes Lyme disease. My family has had experience with Lyme disease & ticks before, as my grandparents home had lots of deer, over on the East coast.  Ticks are tiny little buggers that can cause some serious damage & illness, if I can keep deer at a distance, hopefully it would help keep potential exposure at a distance.

For those of you, like me, who need to worry about animals & deer while planting this year, definately learn about deer control and consider checking out Deer Off for a natural repellent this year.

Visit my sponsor: Not in my garden!

Bookmark and Share

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.