We used to toss a water bottle in the back of the Jeep, with the top down & the most we worried about was running out of water for me, cigarettes for Mike & gas because we spent all our cash on beer the night before.
Now, we have kids.
Do they have socks? Shoes? Bug spray? Diapers? Extra diapers? A blanket? Is everyone changed & dry to go?
I mean.. come on.. getting out the door is half the battle & then when we get to the park, someone doesn't want to do in a carrier, or they don't want to walk, or they don't want the sun to shine because they don't like the sun.
Then there is me, who is like "ok, where the hell do I put my keys? Ugh I HATE carrying water bottles.. I like my hands free, to hop over things & take the long routes. Then I need somewhere for a kids hat, because if I don't bring it, someone will want it.
High Sierra Sport sent both Mike & I the Spire 2500.
This is a hiking backing with an internal frame.
Check out it's features:
- 25-Liter, panel-load main compartment.
- Quick-release, adjustable tuck-away webbing straps for vertical snowboard carry.
- Adjustable webbing straps on top and bottom for diagonal ski carry.
- Large zippered front pocket holds a shovel blade and essential snow tools.
- S-shaped shoulder straps with high-density foam padding, adjustable sternum strap and removable media/cell phone pocket.
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve and insulated hydration tube pocket on the shoulder strap helps keep water from freezing (reservoir not included).
- Single, contoured aluminum frame bar can be adjusted to fit the shape of your back.
- Padded back panel with adjustable waist belt.
- Tricot-lined accessory pocket holds goggles or other necessities
- Soft lashing hardware holds an ice ax or hiking poles.
- Dual side pockets hold beverages or gear.
Let's break that down, it's quite a load of information. There is a spot for everything.
If your a SERIOUS climber, or hiker, there is a spot for all your equipment to be readily available as you climb, hike or participate in any outdoor sport.
I love the water reservoir, as I said, I hate carrying bottles but I get dehydrated really easily. I have since I was a kid, I over heat & because I'm nursing, my water intake is pretty high.It's an easy system to maintain hydration, hands free, even!
I have a spot for kids stuff, a spot for my stuff, hands free for climbing & even some nifty little pockets that I don't even know what I can put in, yet!!
Check out Mike, modeling the bag.
Mike actually wears his to school. The hard, support in the back helps him, as he has a degenerative disc syndrome. He is able to keep all his books & school items in it, right down to writing utensils. So, this isn't just for hiking, it could be a multi use bag, a school bag,whatever!
I pack mine with kids "back up items" for being out & water & a diaper or 2, when we went to the zoo, last weekend. Its comfortable to wear,while walking around on family outings, even if your not hiking & climbing!
One reader will win a bag, from HSS. The bag is the choice of HSS, not the reader.
I guarantee, whatever you get, will be awesome. I haven't been disappointed yet.
1.) Become a Fan, of High Sierra Sport on Facebook. HERE.
(Leave me your FB user name in your comment/entry)
-Become a Fan of my page, on Facebook. HERE.
-Follow me on Google Friend Connect.
-Subscribe to my RSS Feed.
-Follow me on Twitter.
-Leave me a comment, in any other post on my blog. After you do so, come back to enter & tell me which post, you left it in. You can do this unlimited times.
-Suggest my Facebook Fan page to 10 friends.
-Vote for me, in my contest. It's only about 4 clicks, no e-mail sign ups, etc. Directions are HERE. Come back & leave me your FB user name telling me you completed this entry.