Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday to Theodor Seuss Geise, or as we know him. Dr. Seuss!
He would be 106 today.
Dr. Suess was born March,2 1904 in Springfield, Massachusetts.


Here are some of his wonderful quotes, and wonderful books, that should be in every child's collection.

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”



“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
“Don’t give up. I believe in you all. A person’s a person no matter how small.”

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”

“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”

“I’m afraid sometimes you’ll play lonely games too, games you can’t win because you’ll play against you.”

“Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!”



“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

What are your children's favorite Dr. Seuss books? Or, your favorites?

My is, and always has been, The Lorax.
I like to think I speak for the trees, and that story has spoken to me, since I was a small, small child.

My second favorite, its Are You My Mother?

Happy Birthday to a legend, a role model & an author the world wouldn't have been the same, with out.





Share/Bookmark


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I ADORE Dr. Seuss! My mom kept all my old books from when I was a kid and now I'm reading them all to Hannah. She really likes the Cat in the Hat ones and now her favorite is 'Read with your Eyes Shut' where the quote “Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!” comes from.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.