Friday, December 11, 2009

Newsie News.



I just wanted to take a second, while I'm awake all way earlier than I should be to say... I've drawn winners for all open contests this morning, e-mails have been send out & the winners will have 48 hours to collect their prizes before a new winner being chosen.

I've been thinking this over for a good while & it's time. I need to take a break from just review blogging. If I am going to blog for the next month or so, it's going to be strictly for me.

I'll be turning down offers for reviews that aren't perfectly up my alley or my readers instead of saying "yes of course!" when asked as a favor because possibly 1 of my readers MIGHT be interested in the product being peddled.I just don't have the time to publish everything for everyone while handling whats been going on in our life.

I DO have giveaways ( in fact, my personally most exciting one yet!!!) coming up & they will still go on, just perhaps a bit more spread out & I will be taking a break for a few weeks, likely until the start of the new year.

The last 2-3 months we've been dealing with a major family crisis that unfortunately, doesn't seem to be getting better any time fast. While its "in the process" I think everyone knows when shit sucks, the fix cant come fast enough, right?
I need to stop worrying about meeting a deadline for a "job" that I don't get paid for but I will get "in trouble" for not completing on time. I don't need to worry about if Sally at XYZ PR firm is sending over the images for the new product line in time for my post to go live.

Today is Mike's last day of exams & then we'll have 3 (long) weeks of Winter Vacation & right now,my family really needs all the time we can get, together.

So, There it is. I've said it.. It's something I've been wanting to do for awhile now but keep putting off & I can no longer put it off. I've been MIA dealing with life,still trying to put my best effort in while really, starting to feel resentful because I KNOW I need to step back. My page rank has slid while I juggle life & honestly, a blog can wait, life cant! Come the next year we'll see what I feel like taking on, but people forget one thing. I am not a major blogger. I am not MomDot or Pioneer Woman, and while I'd love to have PW's life (aka her home & sweet camera) I dont want the responsibility of that type of blog.
I do this for FUN.I dont charge to do a review, I do it on my own time, or my own free will with no payment involved.I started review blogging after makong jokes about new products for my friends to laugh at, and over time I've been lucky enough to find sooo many amazing products & pass on information about them to my friends & give some of them the chance to check these items out too. I LOVE sharing things I find & love & will never stop doing so. However,I get dozen of press releases a day asking to be published that can take atleast 20 minutes to link & html all the info up for just one press release. My family needs me more right now & sadly for you, I will be passing up sharing nose trimmers with you guys, in favor of being used as a human trampoline.

So, this is MY Christmas gift to myself.. Get back to blogging for MYSELF ( I mean, where the fuck did the funny girl GO people??) for fun for the rest of 2009, and then in 2010, perhaps you will know more about me & my life & will be intreigued to follow along for more than the giveaways & my love for blogging will be fonder, after a short absence.

So, I'll still be here, my beloved blog readers, but I'll be here less, and when I am, it will hopefully be on a more personal, and hopefully funny, level.

And yes, weird random pictures will also grace these coming posts, I know, thats what your MOST excited for... Sadly.. me too.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I don't blame you one bit. Family does come first and with out that, what do you have? I used to use my blog as a vent then silly me told family about it, then there went my venting hole.

    Wishing you luck while you take a few steps back so that you can take that giant leap forward. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling all too well. In fact, I've done some evaluating of my own and will be making some major changes come 2010. Life passes by so quickly, kids go from baby to cap and gown before we know it...life is to short to get lost entirely in blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to you blogging for you again! I don't follow your reviews nearly as much as I followed you before you started doing them!!! :)

    I hope that things start looking up for you! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray! you've been missed! (YOU- not the stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are focusing on writing again. I think you're pretty funny and am looking forward to more laughs.

    Good luck with the family stuff. I hope it gets better for you soon, and I hope that was the right thing to say.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.