Monday, November 23, 2009

They really DO grow fast!


This is the conversation I just had with my 3 year old..

Andy- "Mom, you go outside & get me a bird, ok? You get your shoes on & go catch one for me."

Me- "Andy I dont think I can catch one, they're too fast for me!!!" ((distraction))

Andy- "You can use a net!"

Me- ((hm))"We dont have a net for bird catching buddy"


Andy-"You can use the butterfly net!!" ((trails off singing some song "the chicken, who'da the chicken,chicken down the road....))

((pokes head back in the room))

"Okay, go get you shoes & catch a bird with the butterfly net!!!!"


I swear, he just turned into a little boy over night!

He's kinder to Ryan, more gentle ( most of the time) but he jumps to apologize & hug & kiss & say "I sorry, I dont mean to hurt you anymore." He's easier to talk to & rationalize if he gets upset & we can avoid a tantrum, he's more snuggly ( at his OWN will!) and just all around.. growing up!! I guess!! I seriously can't believe it, all the cliches are so true, about time flying, kids growing fast, yada yada.. I dont think anyone ever realizes it.. until they become a mother themself.

Well, I guess I need to go run around outside the window like amadwoman with a butterfly net attempting to catch a bird..so..


Photobucket

PS- Are you ready for Black Friday?? How about some holiday gift guides from yours truly?? In the true spirit of busy over tired mothers, I'll be waiting until AFTER Thanksgiving to officially enter the holiday shopping season.. I hope you'll join me for some giveaways, reviews & all around good stuff!!

4 comments:

  1. I can totally see you trying to catch a bird with a butterfly net. In your slippers, curlers in your hair...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo, what kind of bird did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE three-year-olds conversations - they see the world so wonderfully.... he's a gem - and so are you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.