Thursday, October 15, 2009

Campus Quilt Review (closed)



Have you always wanted to do something with your favorite t-shirts, you know, the ones from your sorority days, or the races you ran in college, or that once in a lifetime concert you went to. You know, the ones you cant even wear anymore, they're just too precious? I can think of a few of mine.. The Abercombie shirt that has a piece of bread saying "You knead me, I dont knead you!" Or, the Martini Glass that is captioned " I need a stiff one." Ah.. then there are Mikes, the handsome Jesus with the Nixon fingers that says "VOTE JESUS" Thats a memorable shirt for Mike & I, which I later followed up with the Jesus is my Homeboy shirt, of course.

Campus Quilts came up with a solution! Send in your clothing items & let these professionals create a quilt of your memories, for you!

By the way, while working with Campus Quilts, I figured out where all the customer service in the world went.. to Campus Quilt!!

Before I even had the kit I had so much information, ideas to take pictures, express EXACTLY what I wanted in my quilt, even an offer for a phone call consult! They have gone above & beyond to make this process exactly what you want it to be. I can honestly say that I feel comfortable knowing that when I get my quilt, its going to look exactly like I wanted it, not how the company pictured it, but exactly as I described & explained to them.

When I opened the kit I had to sit down to look it over. They give you extensive detail in designing your quilt just as if you were sewing it yourself. From a guide to sticky numbers to help direct them the exact layout of your choice with your shirts. The small fabric swatch guide actually gives you to ability to feel & match each backing exactly before your eyes. As soon as I felt the flannel, I knew that was exactly what I wanted!


Less than 4 weeks later..

I got my quilt!! I was of course shocked by how quick it came & how awesome it looked. But it wasn't until later, when I sat down & laid it on my lap & went over each square & in my head recited which item it came from, which boy, the memory with it. I felt the warmth & softness & realized this is the type of item, that 30 years from now, Mike & I will be sitting with on our lap, reciting the same comments about those memories that have all been captured in one item.



This is some random thermal shirt I think I got at a second hand kids place. Mike was wearing them at the time & I thought Andy having one would be cute. It was hideous, truly. I was new to resale shopping & the thing was so worn, the wrists were a bit saggy, it was just ugly but oh, so soft!!!




This was one of the first buys for Ryan when we realized OMG, he'd outgrown everything we had for him! ( and everything being ALL Andys baby clothes still!!!) He was ( IS!) SOOO big!!!




This was one of the first things Mike & I bought when I was pregnant with Andy. We were living in Cape Coral & I remember the day we bought it. We both thought it was cute. Unfortunately it wasnt super soft & the boys were so big they never wore it, but I just couldnt part with it.




Andy wore this, his First Christmas under a holiday sweater.

I dont sew. I "can" but.. not a quilt! This is something that I always wanted but never really expected to have b/c I sure as hell dont have time to learn to make a quilt! I trusted one company to do it for me & they went beyond what i ever drempt for these clothes & memories.

I cant think of enough great things to say about Campus Quilts work. I really just cant! And you know me, a big talker, so thats really saying something ( haha! Pun intended)

Ready to check my quilt out???












One reader will get a $150 gift certificate towards a quilt of their own, to Campus Quilts!!

Enter by-

Visiting Campus Quilt, take a peek at their selection & photos. Tell me what you'd get & what you'd so if you could have them make a quilt for you.

Extra Entries-

-Tell me about 3 items you'd definately want on your quilt ( 2 extries)
-Follow me.
-Follow me on Twitter.
-Tweet this ( one per day) giveaway & review.

Random.org & I will pick one lucky winner on October 28,2009. Good luck to all!



Photobucket

77 comments:

  1. I'd probably use the gift certificate for a stadium or couch t-shirt quilt! If there is an expiration date, I'd use it for my old Girl Scout t-shirts & uniforms! If not, I'd save it until I had enough of my new baby's clothes to make one! I'm sure there will be a ton of stuff in his first year that we'd want to save forever. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 items I'd include in the quilt are my Girl Scout hand-made sweatshirt that my mom made me, my Savannah Georgia t-shirt from when my troop went there for a week, and the matching t-shirts my sister & I wore to Girl Scout camp.

    3 embellishments I'd include from Campus Quilts are embroidery w/ the Girl Scout motto "Be Prepared", a picture of my sister & I at Girl Scout Camp, and sashing.

    #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 items I'd include in the quilt are my Girl Scout hand-made sweatshirt that my mom made me, my Savannah Georgia t-shirt from when my troop went there for a week, and the matching t-shirts my sister & I wore to Girl Scout camp.

    3 embellishments I'd include from Campus Quilts are embroidery w/ the Girl Scout motto "Be Prepared", a picture of my sister & I at Girl Scout Camp, and sashing.

    #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd get 42 Squares - Queen Size T-Shirt Quilt made of old clothes of mine and my husband's... we have a BUNCH of clothes that we can't get rid of and this would be a good way to make good use of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd use my pink rolling stones t-shirt and his black one :) also my son has some cure tshirts I'd throw in there.... little rocker family quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm entering for someone else =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm following you on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following you on twitter now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For years my DH wore nothing but Spiderman shirts and Maxx's first 2 years were spent wearing 90% Spiderman clothes which I still have. Dh's retired shirts get put into a bin because I wanted to make a blaket with them. I would chose 1. The Spiderman shirt he wore under his dress shirt when we got married! 2. The Spiderman outfit that Maxx wore right after he was born. 3. My favorite shirt that DH wore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have a couch tee shirt quilt made for my mom out of Josh's tees! We've been trying to figure out what to do with his clothes and this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd include Josh's favorite Nirvana shirt, his "Got Beer" shirt, and one of our "In Memory of Josh" shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 3 things I would include: my Ohio ballet t shirt that I got in elementary school. My hubby's bears t shirt (1 of the 500 or so, if he lets me!) and a college t shirt from one of our schools!

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I would like a wee quilt and put one outfit from each of my children's memory box on it.
    Or I would get tha couch quilt and I would put my husbands hs football jersey on it, a teeshirt that all m boys have worn that my grandmother bought them...it is camo and says general mayhem. I would also put an out grown yankee tee in there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I signed up to follow your blog, following you on twitter and tweeted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would use the certificate to have a quilt made for my mother. My brother, her only son, was KIA in Afghanistan on 5/1/09. He was only 21. Over the last few months, we have slowly gotten his things returned to us - trunks from Afghanistan, boxes that were in storage at Ft. Hood, and my step father has slowly sifted though things that were in his room here in CO. We have bags of clothing here - we cannot get rid of it, and it really does not do much just sitting in the closet. This would be a wonderful piece of remembrance for my mother.
    3 things that would go on it:
    - a t-shirt he wore his senior year in high school, after he had decided to join the Army that is camouflage and says "you can't see me"
    - a piece of a flannel shirt he wore when he'd fish as a kid
    - a piece of his uniform - he was so proud to be a soldier and he excelled at it
    --- Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. 16 Squares - Stadium T-Shirt Quilt. I've always wanted a quilt like this for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Following you on twitter (myangeleryn)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm entering for someone else Mmoore0880@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I follow your blog, entering for a friend. Loopy747@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on twitter, loopy747@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tweeted too! lol Loopy747@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd get a couch t-shirt quilt made out of old clothes from my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My kids have done a lot of community theater, and always get t-shirts for that. I'd love to include these in the quilt, so 3 things that would go in are "Bye Bye Bird t-shirt, "Sound of Music" tshirt and "Jungle book" t-shirt. I'd also include some sports jersey's they have outgrown.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I follow on twitter, lunaj1456

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would LLLLOOOOVE a lap quilt with sashing! I would love to hang it on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd use my David Bowie Concert shirt, My Ringo Starr Concert shirt, and my Monkees Concert shirt just to name a few irems I'd use!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I follow your blog! Penny Pinching Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I follow you on Twitter as @pennyPixie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would get a t shirt quilt made out of my sons little league shirts

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would get the 12 square picnic quilt and using three of shirts and then three clothing items from each of my siblings. This would be a present for my mother.
    andie.v107(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Three items I would use
    1. My younger brother's hulk costume, he loved it so much
    2. one of my college t-shirts
    3. My sister's pink dress from when she was about 5 years old.
    andie.v107(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great idea! I want one!

    I would get the wide full bedspread quilt and I would put my Michigan State T-shirt, my old favorite flannel shirt I wore all through college, and my husband's high school football t-shirt.

    I'm now following your blog (I would have followed with or without the contest as I just "found" you and think your blog is great, and look forward to reading more!)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would have them make me a 9 square wee quilt. My sweet kitty died a couple of years ago and since then, I have had trouble moving on. I would have a quilt made with all of her keepsakes that I have kept.

    saulpaugh.chelsea(at)gmail(dot)com
    -- Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  34. My quilt would definately have my kitty's name tage, collar, and wire toy.

    saulpaugh.chelsea(at)gmail(dot)com
    -- Chelsea
    (1)

    ReplyDelete
  35. My quilt would definately have my kitty's name tage, collar, and wire toy.

    saulpaugh.chelsea(at)gmail(dot)com
    -- Chelsea
    (2)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Follower.

    saulpaugh.chelsea(at)gmail(dot)com
    -- Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  37. Twitter follower. (csaulpaugh89)

    saulpaugh.chelsea(at)gmail(dot)com
    -- Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  38. Tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/csaulpaugh89/status/5164695547

    saulpaugh.chelsea(at)gmail(dot)com
    -- Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would put my field hockey jersey, a shirt from my favorite bar in korea, some of Andy's clothes, and one or two items of allen's

    ReplyDelete
  40. I follow you on twitter, hugsfrommandy

    ReplyDelete
  41. I twittered.

    http://twitter.com/hugsfrommandy

    ReplyDelete
  42. The three things I would have on my quilt are....
    the material from Cash's outfit he wore home from the hospital, his newborn hat he wore when he was delivered, and his johnny cash onsie that i absolutely love and miss the fact he can't wear anymore =((((

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm entering for Jen! It's me, Jess(weenie)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh and yes, I am a follower <3

    ReplyDelete
  45. Jen 21 (how old Jimmy was)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.