Monday, August 24, 2009

The Picture You Cant Stop Talking About


Most of us have seen this by now, The Picture You Cant Stop Talking About.

Lizzi Miller, 20 year old model refused to be "touched up" in her recent Glamour photo.

I was so inspired by her courage & love for herself, I actually went on a mission to seek her out. I found she was on FaceBook, and out of late night curiosity sent her a request telling her that,
Yes, I felt silly, as a 25 year old mother & wife writing "fan mail" but I just had to say, what a fabulous job she did & how much her photo is impacting women. That since having kids, going from being skinny as hell to packing on the baby pounds has been a tough thing for me & seeing her reminded me.. "Skinny" & "flawless" isn't the most important thing at all. I really appreciated that reminder!

This drop dead gorgeous about to be over night super model & inspiration to MILLIONS surprised me with a quick note back! ( Seriously, I nearly peed I was so shocked!!!)

Her is her response, I think it should be shared with ALL the ladies out there I know-

"Do not feel silly at all. I always looked through magazines when I was younger, desperately looking for someone that looked like me so I would feel better about myself.
First of all, you are a mother, which is the hardest and most challenging thing anyone could ever do.
Second, try to get exercise and stay healthy for you and your children, but you are beautiful and sexy now-not just when we can be a certain size or way.
The sexiest thing of all on anyone is confidence.
Thank you for writing in. Lizzi"

I asked her if it would be OK to share this message with all of you & she said

"Absolutely.  :).  I was on the Today show, and will be on Access Hollywood and 
CNN today. Imagine!! Lizzi"


Imagine indeed.

Imagine all the girls who will be affected by someone
strong & beautiful who stood up for her own beauty to be show exactly
as she is.

Just imagine!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hey- good for you for putting this on your blog. I hadn't heard about it and it was a good way to start the day.
    ps- lots of people think you have been beautiful through all the stages of your life, and will continue to be for the rest of your life (cause you got Grandma's great cheekbones, you jerk!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzi is beautiful in many ways - I'm so glad you're sharing this. A book, "this is who I am" by Rosanne Olson is of beautiful, semi-nude photos of REAL women along with their own statements about their REAL bodies - every woman should look at it!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a fan of plus-size models! There's a great site with many images of plus-size models here:

    http://www.judgmentofparis.com/

    They're all gorgeous. The site's forum also features many thought-provoking discussions on body image.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.