Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Build A Bear Workshop



Andy & I got the chance to visit Build a Bear Workshop for the first time recently. We walked in the shop & Andy spotted a bright green Frog & yelled "TURTLE!!" I thought "Nooo" because of course, I wanted to pick out a cute cuddly bear, or maybe a dog!!

As we walked down it aisle of animals just waiting to be stuffed we spotted the one..


"TTUUURRTTLLEE!!!" Andy gasped. Yep. We found our friend.A nice lady introduced herself to Andy & led him to the .. stuffing area? I guess its called? Where Andy got a bit nervous when she compared the sound to a vacuum but then smiled as he pushed down on the pedal to stuff his new found friends.



Next Andy picked out a heart & stuffed him inside his turtle with a little smile. It was so cool to see how they "stitch them up" If you haven't been, I wont give it away, but it sure answered some of my questions!! Then we moved on to the Bath Tub, which Andy just cant get enough of & is trying to now bathe his Turtle back at home The bath tub at the Build A Bear store actually blows air, so you or your child can get off any loose fibers & just all around clean them up to head to their new home.

And of course, on to the clothes.. Andy walked down an aisle of "boy clothes" and stopped to touch a few things before reading out & grabbing the ONE shirt they had. Yes, my child picked THIS one.

After picking out some pants & saying no to shoes ( atta boy) we got to go register, name & print out a birth certificate for our Turtle!

They have a system so should your child ever lose their Build A BEar creation, it can be returned to any store & reunited with the long lost owner! Its like a microchip for teddies!!

Of course, Andy wasnt too interested in the computer stuff but I thought it was quite cute. What did you name his Turtle you ask??

Why "Turdle" of course!!

After Turdle was packed up & ready to go, we made our way through the busy mall & into the car where Andy pulled out his new buddy & gave him a BIG huge & kiss and asked "You Ok Turdle??" (to which Turtle replied in a squeaky voice "Yeah, I ok Andy!") wink smiley Pictures, Images and Photos





And we headed for home!

One of my readers will get the chance to go Build a Bear, or Monkey, or Cat, or whatever your heart desires with a $25 gift certificate to Build A Bear Workshops.

Here is how to enter- Visit Build A Bear & tell me what you would make with your $25 ( yes YOU! Not for your kids but YOU!)

After you do so, you can get additional entries by doing the following-

1- Follow me ( be sure you leave a comment telling me so!)
2- Follow me on Twitter. ( a comment for this one too!)
3- Blog about this giveaway with a link to both Build A Bear and to my blog and receive 3 entries to this contest.
4- Tweet about this giveaway.

I'll draw a winner on June 22nd, 2009.



38 comments:

  1. Andy wanted Turdle to have a shirt just like Mommy's favorite ;)
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I was like how can I choose!!! but then I saw it..... the Pink Hearts Teddy. I have a bit of a heart obsession. I think I am going to take Kayden there before the new baby comes to make one. Thanks for the idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a follower! IIIII would hands down want the border collie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I blogged BAM!!! http://momma2ahellraisinboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. for blogging i get another comment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. juliek1994@aol.comJune 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM

    I would LOVE To have a Moose with the cute soccer outfit and shoes! I have always called Maxx, my little Moose because he was so big.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For ME??? A black lab would be nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow you on twitter (KatieQ89123)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, I'd buy Nikki's Bear III...I already have one of the first two & I love it! DH bought it (dressed in teacher clothes) for my b-day one year. I'd get "mommy" clothes for this one & get a tiny bear to be the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow you! We actually got each of the kid's their first BABW bears the day we found out what each child was. It's a nice way to remember the excitement of finding out what we were having.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would get the elephant. I take Jack each year for his birthday and always try to point him in that direction with no success. Five trips so far and I've been vetoed each time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you on twitter... janae13

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that little mini elephant is cuuute. I don't know if I'd pick that or the big ears bunny though. Not that we don't have entirely too many stuffed animals at our house already... lol.

    DanielleCorrelle@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT! i won and didnt get it!! Im so sad@!!!! wahhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would make myself a super girly bear, I want the TUTU dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. blogged about it:
    www.markeritaville.blogspot.com

    1 entry for this

    ReplyDelete
  17. blogged about it:
    www.markeritaville.blogspot.com

    2nd entry for this

    ReplyDelete
  18. blogged about it:
    www.markeritaville.blogspot.com

    3rd entry for this

    ReplyDelete
  19. Build a bear is so much fun!!! I guess I would pick the black lab, if I was picking for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Build a Bear!!! I think I love it more than my kids... We bought a bear for my daughter when she was born, as a gift from her older brother - and it STILL (3 years later) plays the recording of him saying, "I love you, Maya!" - it's awesome!
    ~ following you ~

    ReplyDelete
  21. Following you on Twitter...
    They have a LOBSTER!! My husband and I used to call each other 'lobster' (romantic, right? :) ) nooo, it is romantic - we did it because they mate for life, or some such nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally would make a turtle for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I also follow you on twitter - @imelda :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love build a bear. I try to visit stores when I travel abroad to find their limited edition or regional furry friends. Las Vegas had a white tiger, Japan had a rooster for their year of the rooster celebration, and recently while in Copenhagen, I was able to adopt Tivoli Gardens' mascot, a peacock.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.