Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A Stitch For You

Today is my first WAHM Wednesday!


I am excited to be featuring Rebecca, over at A Stitch for You.


Rebecca is a mother of four. Ages 19, 15, 4 & 2.. She started sewing when she was quite young. Rebecca's mother & Aunt were always involved in a sewing project so she had lots of time and examples to learn them them in their projects. Through the years, Rebecca has made creations from clothing, to costumes to blankets & toys.

Sewing is Rebecca's outlet. She also works outside them home, but she is lucky enough to both find pleasure in her sewing, and bring in extra income with her online store. She said "Its a great feeling when all the small pieces come together and form 1 piece. " Sewing is her creative outlet & I know that I personally love her work. She's made me key chains, the boys matching shorts, belts & lanyards for me in the years since I have met her & each comes with impeccable work every time.
Rebecca has recently aimed more focus at her popularly growing custom made belts.

"I Did It!" belts.

I found out how these belts came to have this name recently, and its a cute little story!

Rebecca loaded up her youngest for a doctors appointment, and as I'm sure we've all had happen to us. Once in the car & heading out, you realize.. Eek, its abit colder than I thought! Your already too far to turn back for a coat, so she swung into a store & grabbed a Dora blanket to wrap around her little one. I know I've seen these blankets, they are rolled up into a little roll & tied with a cute ribbon. I always save the ribbons myself.
Rebecca looked at the ribbon, with her children's favorite character & wondered what she could use it for. Ah ha! A belt!!!

And that is how the concept was born.

I personally can think of tons of situations off the top of my head where a CUSTOM children's belt is necessary.
Have you ever actually tried to find a belt for a 1 year old?? I have. My children are TALL and SKINNY. If the pants fit in the waist, they're too short. If they wear cloth diapers, the pants need to be bigger, but then if I'm not using cloth, the fall off them as they walk.Adjustable waistbands are ok.. but they're limited in variety.

I looked for belts, the closest thing I found was big enough to wrap around Andy more than twice, and was decorated with some character print, or pink sparkles. Nope.Not for us. I remember talking with my friend Hailey as she asked if we'd seen baby/young toddler sized belts anywhere, the closet thing any of us cold find was still pretty big for a barely 2 years olds waist! My friend Emily, the first time she saw Andys "I Did It" belt gasped "where did you FIND that!?!?! I've been looking everywhere for a tiny belt!!!!" They're REALLY hard to find in the smell sizes people need!

Rebecca makes belts custom sized. You pick out a ribbon & the color of webbing ( the firm backing to the belt), she had prints & solids, so your daughter could have a pretty pink hearts belt that's just the right size she needs, while your son could have a cool airplane belt just right for him! Here is the best part.. the price of those 2 belts, is less than that one way too big kinda ugly one in the store AND it helps this mama earn money WHILE doing what she loves!! Isnt that everyones dream?? I love buying from WAHMS because it feels good to know, it's going to someone who put time & love into what they do & it helps provide for them & their kids.It doesnt go to a big cheap, made in China company who the Man supports anyway, it goes to someone JUST like ME!!!

Why are they called "I Did It" belts, you ask?? Two willful children, who insisted "I do it!! I do it!!!" and upon completion, yell "I DID IT!" Before learning this story, I just chalked it up to "well, I don't think Andy could do a belt buckle, but he sure could do a Velcro belt like this." So it has that extra perk as well. You don't have to fight them, they can do it, themselves, just like they want to!
Rebecca sent Andy his very own belt to hold up his pants with ( Yay!!!)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Heres the cool thing about these belts..check it out!

Photobucket
I know.. Cute huh? Thank God I dont have girls... They would have a bazillion of these things, she has SOO many cute designs!!

Photobucket


See that little loop there?? It secures to the first loop on the pants!

Photobucket
No wiggling, sliding & twisting of the belt! Your child can un do the belt with out losing it completly!

Photobucket
We are loving it over here, I caught Andy trying to wriggle out of his pants though, he was showing his belt to his toy airplane & apparently want the airplanes on the belt to "talk" but for a kid who hates wearing pants, since he got himself a snazzy belt, he ASKS to pout his pants on! "With da belt" Thanks Rebecca, for the awesome belt & working with me on this feature!!!! =)
I'll be ordering a belt for Ryans bubble butt next!!!
One reader will win a custom belt of their own choice but everyone can enjoy a generous 25% off by using code MUFFINTOP.
Here is how to enter the giveaway.

Check out the RIBBONS available for these awesome I Did It belts, and tell me which you would pick!

You can gain extra entries by-

Joining A Sitch for You's group on Facebook ( let me know your name on FB so I can double check!)

Tweating about this giveaway ( leave me the link!)

12 comments:

  1. WOOP WOOP first commenter!

    I would choose the gray belt! All b/c it would go REALLY well for my little no booty man with his new gray kicks (shoes)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would choose one of the sports ball prints for Ryan....not exactly sure which one, he would love them ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already a member of A Stitch For You on FB : ). You should know my name, but if you don't let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink Ladybug one. Oh there are so many cute belts for girls. Thank you for shareing the story. I need to look at them and order some for Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd pick the white with brown footballs for Mr. NoButtKaleb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here's my twitter link :)
    http://twitter.com/EileenHauck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already have one of these belts, they ROCK. Just like Claire's Andy, my Andy is tall and skinny. And seriously they do not make little boy belts. I would pick a monkey one for my monkey man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We dont have one of those belts yet but I would choose the pink cupcakes or the pink horse one for my 6 yr old because she's always dying for some kind of junk food (like cupcakes),loves horses, and because I get tired of her pants falling off and she asks me to help her while with a really difficult belt. I have a newborn latched on the boob and three other toddlers screaming like wild banchees for help with something else so doing belts gets old . So yeah LOL! Oh and this is jess btw mom2my4beebees :-) ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a great discount!!! Hmmmm maybe I should buy more! :) I LOVE Rebecca and her products and I can't wait to get our belt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would get the flames for Alex or the leopard for Katie. Her belts are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already follow Rebecca on Facebook. Janis Newberg Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Molly loves her I Did It belts! This is an awesome WAHM!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.