Sunday, February 22, 2009

Is it wrong?

Yesterday I ran into Walgreens, the night before I got 20 free prints from their photo center & needed to pick them up.

I resisted the 75% off Valentines.. but I did grab a bag of damned Easter candy, but you can read more about that here.

I glanced at all the gigantic stuffed animals & saw a LARGE black monkey.. and i thought "TRAVIS!!!" And had to walk away quickly to keep myself from buying it. I mean, my kids don't need more toys.

As I checked out, the cashier commented on the 2 little tins I got (empty decorative tins, like for trinkets) that she cant wait for all the V-Day clearance to be gone, that she is tired of walking down the aisle & seeing the poor stuffed animals. She said she actually feels bad for them & has to resist buying them just so they go away b/c they just suck her in.

I told her I knew exactly what she meant, laughed & left.

I got to the car, pulled out the phone & called Mike


Me- "..So.. 75 % off $20..that's like.. $5 huh?? "
Mike- "yeah why?'
Me- "Oh..there is just this big monkey at Walgreens on clearance & is it bad I wanted to get it for Andy & name is Travis???"
Mike - ((laughs)) How much is it?
Me- "$5"
Mike- "How BIG is it?"
Me- "..bigger than Ryan.."
Mike- "You gotta get it!"


I then turned around, and walked back in.. The cashier looked at me & I said "Damn monkey, he sucked me in!"

As she rung him up, I patted his head, she looked at me, smiled & said "I do that every time I walk down the aisle.. THANK YOU."

What can I say.. I'm pleased to know someone other than myself gives inanimate objects feelings TOO!!!


Now, I just want to say. People really tick me the fuck off. And it isn't like I don't feel bad for the poor lady who got her face eaten off by Travis the chimp, but I mean.. COME ON! I might get bitched at for this but.. I sort of have always felt like.. people who try to domesticate wild animals & get attacked.. well.. you kinda had it coming. They don't call them WILD for no reason, dumbass. I feel awful when I hear about stuff like this.. for the ANIMAL. Its just wrong & unfair all the sick things people do with animals for their own entertainment. I have been, and always will be, that chick who probably likes her dog more than those people she met at a party. I mean, my dog may eat litter critters, but atleast she isnt a boring douchebag!!


Now that people are appalled at what a horrid person I am...

Here's Andy & Ryan with Travis!!!






I also have a video, however Mike & I possibly make jokes about the Monekys revenge, facial eating & Andy says "animals cant be domesticated." I am not heartless, I have one very cold, little black heart, but I do know what happened to that poor woman was a tragedy, so I probably shouldnt post it.

Unless people ask for it.. that is!!!






5 comments:

  1. Ahh! I do this w/ Gianna's toys! I like to put all the dolls and stuffed animals together b/c they look lonely! chuck thinks I'm nuts but I can't help myself!!

    ps...whats a tag? I'm not down w/ these terms yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I love the monkey! I have not yet heard the story of the woman who got her face eaten off....I also got the 20 free prints at Walgreens, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry.

    -Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. 75% off at Walgreeens...OH crap I better get my butt over there asap. Great gorilla kids look like they luv him. kiss kiss hug Growl. hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.