Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eggplant Chili

I got this recipe from a fellow mom on AOL a year or so ago & woke up last week craving it.


So, I had my dad over this V-day ( My mom was visiting my sister) and made it for all of us & YUM YUM..it was GOOD!!

Eggplant Chili

6 tbsp olive oil
unpeeled Med. Eggplant, cut into cubes
1 cup chopped yellow onion

2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup green pepper, cubed
2 cups tomatoes, canned & crushed
1 tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 cup parsley, fresh, minced ( I used dried)
S& P to taste
2 cups beans ( kidney, garbanzo, etc, drained)

Chop veggies-


Heat EVOO in a skillet, add eggplant, onion, garlic & green pepper. Saute 10 minutes until softened.

Transfer to saucepan & add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, parsley & S & P.




Cook over low heat, uncovered 10 minutes, Stir in beans & cook 10 more minutes on low.



My notes-

I browned some ground beef, took a spicy sausage out of the casings & cut up pepperoni & added it all, browned to the mix as well.. I HIGHLY recommend this! It adds a real spice thats just perfect!



I also added an extra can of crushed tomatoes to the mix, adding the meat it needed a little extra mositure/mush to make it *chili*


And of course..everything looks better with a bit of cheese on top!!!




Thanks M.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy, I think if I ever get to a place where I have a kitchen with a stove again I will be making it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always in search of a good eggplant recipe! I'm looking forward to trying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is a HUGe eggplant lover. this is one recipe I'm sure she doesn't have. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me something nice & pretty & full of compliments.
It makes me feel good about myself.